... and in case you dont have an ice cream maker, he has great tips for making ice cream HERE.
Absinthe Ice Cream
About 1 quart (1l)
1 cup (250ml) whole milk
A pinch of salt
2/3 cup (130g) sugar
2 cups (500ml) heavy cream or half-and-half
5 large egg yolks
3-4 tablespoons absinthe
about 1 1/2 cups chopped chocolate truffles, or chocolate chips
1. Heat the milk, salt, and sugar in a saucepan.
2. Set up an ice bath by placing a 2-quart (2l) bowl in a larger bowl partially filled with ice and water. Set a strainer over the top of the smaller bowl and pour the cream or half-and-half into the bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together the egg yolks. Rewarm the milk then gradually pour some of the milk into the yolks, whisking constantly as you pour. Scrape the warmed yolks and milk back into the saucepan.
4. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly and scraping the bottom with a heat-resistant spatula, until the custard thickens enough to coat the spatula.
5. Strain the custard into the cream or half-and-half. Stir over the ice until cool, then refrigerate to chill thoroughly. Preferably overnight.
6. Stir in 3 tablespoons of absinthe. Taste, and add another one if desired.
7. Freeze the custard in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. Once churned, stir in the chopped chocolate bits.